GAMA is developed by several teams under the umbrella of the IRD/SU international research unit UMMISCO:
- UMI 209 UMMISCO, IRD/SU, 32 Avenue Henri Varagnat, 93143 Bondy Cedex, France.
- ACROSS International Joint Lab, Thuyloi University, Hanoi, Vietnam (since 2021)
- DREAM Research Team, University of Can Tho, Vietnam (since 2011).
- UMR 5505 IRIT, CNRS/University of Toulouse 1, France (since 2010).
- UR MIAT, INRAE, 24 Chemin de Borde Rouge, 31326 Castanet Tolosan Cedex, France (since 2016).
- UMR 6228 IDEES, CNRS/University of Rouen, France (2010 - 2019).
- UMR 8623 LRI, CNRS/University Paris-Sud, France (2011 - 2019).
- MSI Research Team, Vietnam National University, Hanoi, Vietnam (2007 - 2015).
GAMA is being designed, developed and maintained by an active group of researchers coming from these different institutions. Please find below a short introduction to each of them and a summary of their contributions to the platform:
- Alexis Drogoul, Senior Researcher at the IRD, member of the UMMISCO International Research Unit. Mostly working on agent-based modeling and simulation. Has contributed and still contributes to the original design of the platform, including the GAML language (from the meta-model to the editor) and simulation facilities like Java2D displays.
- Patrick Taillandier, Senior Researcher at INRAE, member of the MIAT Research Unit. Contributes since 2008 to the spatial and graph features (GIS integration, spatial operators), graphical modeling, human behavior modeling, model exploration and traffic simulation.
- Benoit Gaudou, Associate Professor at the University Toulouse 1 Capitole, member of the IRIT CNRS Mixed Research Unit. Contributes since 2010 to documentation and unit test generation and coupling mathematical (ODE and PDE) and agent paradigms.
- Arnaud Grignard, Computer Scientist at Université de Lyon as a Marie Curie Fellowship and research associate at the MIT Media Lab CityScience, software engineer and PhD fellow (PDI-MSC) at SU. Contributes since 2011 to the development of new features related to visualization, interaction, online analysis and tangible interfaces.
- Huynh Quang Nghi, software engineering lecturer at CTU and PhD fellow (PDI-MSC) at SU. Contributes since 2012 to the development of new features related to GAML parser, coupling formalisms in EBM-ABM and ABM-ABM, GAMA server and co-modeling.
- Truong Minh Thai, software engineering lecturer at CTU and PhD fellow (PRJ322-MOET) at IRIT-UT1. Contributes since 2012 to the development of new features related to data management and analysis.
- Nicolas Marilleau, Researcher at the IRD, member of the UMMISCO International Research Unit and associate researcher at DISC team of FEMTO-ST institute. Contributes since 2010 to the development of headless mode and the high performance computing module.
- Philippe Caillou, Associate professor at the University Paris Sud 11, member of the LRI and INRIA project-team TAO. Contributes since 2012 and actually working on charts, simulation analysis and BDI agents.
- Vo Duc An, Post-doctoral Researcher, working on synthetic population generation in agent-based modelling, at the UMMISCO International Research Unit of the IRD. Has contributed to bringing the platform to the Eclipse RCP environment and to the development of several features (e.g., the FIPA-compliant agent communication capability, the multi-level architecture).
- Truong Xuan Viet, software engineering lecturer at CTU and PhD fellow (PDI-MSC) at SU. Contributes since 2011 to the development of new features related to R caller, online GIS (OPENGIS: Web Map Service - WMS, Web Feature Services - WMS, Google map, etc).
- Kevin Chapuis, Researcher at IRD and independent consultant. Mostly working on generation of synthetic populations and improvements to the batch experiments. Has contributed to the design and development of the
genstarplugin, as well as the new batch architecture in GAMA 1.9.1.
- Jean-Daniel Zucker, Senior Researcher at IRD, member and director of UMMISCO. Mostly working on Machine Learning and also optimization using agent-based modeling and simulation. Has contributed to different models and advised different students on GAMA since its beginning.
- Arthur Brugiere, Lead Technical Officer at UMMISCO Vietnam. In charge of the build tools and the architecture of GAMA repositories. Working mainly on multi-level capabilities inside GAMA.
- Baptiste Lesquoy, International volunteer at UMMISCO Vietnam. In charge of the co-development of GAMA server. Working mainly on coupling GAMA with various environments (Unreal Engine, Python, R, Matlab...).
- Srirama Bhamidipati, Independent researcher. In charge of the development of the communication and documentation around GAMA, community manager of the GAMA Google Group.
- Tri Nguyen Huu, researcher at IRD, member of UMMISCO. In charge of the development and maintenance of the
mathsplugin. Has contributed a number of library models on the coupling of equation-based modelling and agent-based modelling.