This tutorial has for goal to give an overview all most of the capabilities of GAMA. In particular, it presents how to build a simple model and the use of GIS data, graphs, 3D visualization, multi-level modeling and differential equations. All the files related to this tutorial (images and models) are available in the Models Library (project Tutorials/Incremental Model).
The model built in this tutorial aim at simulating the spreading of a disease in a small city. Three type of entities are taken into account: the people, the buildings and the roads.
We made the following modeling choice:
- Simulation step: 1 minute.
- People are moving on the roads from building to building.
- People use the shortest path to move between buildings.
- All people have the same speed and move at a constant speed.
- Each time, people arrived at a building they are staying a certain time.
- The staying time depends on the current hour (lower at 9h - go to work - at 12h go to lunch - at 18h - go back home).
- Infected people are never cured.
This tutorial is composed of 7 steps corresponding to 7 models which are incremental representation of the same model, starting with the simplest model 1 and finishing with the latest one, model 7. For each step, we will present its purpose, an explicit formulation, and the corresponding GAML code.